Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Too much visual


Adolescence is such an awkward time for middle schoolers. They put way too much value into what others think about them and they start wearing clothes they would not normally wear. They also act in ways their parents would be appalled at! Some of the boys in particular have a hard time figuring out how to socialize with the girls and just how to be mature.
A few weeks ago one of the assistant principal's announced to the student body that any boy caught wearing baggy pants or shorts worn below the buttocks would be given Saturday detention. It is about time, I thought to myself!
Well I had 3 boys in my Advisory class decide they would be funny and pulled their shorts way up over their waist and stood up so the whole class could see them. You can only imagine what that looked like! The girls were disgusted and demanded they pull their shorts back down. That was a visual I could have lived without!

No comments: