Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Thankful


As some of you already know, my car broke down on the feeder of I 10 West on the way to school this morning. I had to wait an hour for the wrecker and basically miss this day of school. I did not have much prepared for the day that a sub would be able to do. I took my seating charts home specifically to get them ready just in case I ever had a sub. Miss Kinison had even told me a few weeks ago that I should have things ready if I ever woke up sick one day. Well I took my time doing that and here I am, sitting at home, waiting for my car to be ready. They did already inform me that I would have to pay over $800 for the repairs (mostly labor). Dang it. I have been saving money to pay down my credit card debt, I have been budgeting my money, I have been tithing consistently for once, and basically trying to be a good steward. Why is this happening now? I was for a moment frustrated with God. You know how it goes. We always ask why me Lord? But this time I am changing my attitude. I have come up with some reasons to be thankful:
1. I did not stall on I 10 and cause an accident.
2. I actually own a car.
3. I have friends who love me and responded right away to my text messages with help and prayer.
4. I have not had time to do some laundry, cleaning, and other misc. things. It just so happens that I live accross the street from a small shopping center that houses my dry cleaners, in which I got to take my clothes, a convenience store, where I bought dryer sheets, and an Argentian deli, in which I got a sandwhich.
5. I had time to update my blogs.
6. I was able to email Miss K the seating charts and instructions for the sub for the rest of the day.
7. I have the money to pay for this as it was sitting aside to pay my credit card bill.
8. Rest in the Lord.

I am reminded of the ever so popular Scripture:
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you now that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything.
James 1:3,4


I am currently enjoying Jesus Paid it All by Kristian Standfill off the Passion: Everything Glorious CD check it out.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Oh man, so sorry! It's such a bummer when unexpected things come up like that when you were saving for something else. We had one like that a couple months ago and it's just not the type of letter I like to get in the mail. But we make it through..just have to adjust things a little. It's great you took a positive outlook on it~! Have a happy halloween!
Love
mary