Sunday, October 7, 2007

Hair stylist

So yesterday I tried a new salon to get my hair cut and colored since it had been almost 5 months! I found myself searching on Craigslist to find someone affordable and somehow ended up on a Christian Business directory. That is where I found Eric Perez Hair Studio. I figured maybe he offers Christian prices! Well not so much but still better than most salons charge.
I arrived early Saturday morning to this quaint little salon behind Bo Concept that only had two chairs for people to get their hair done in. Eric's sister did my highlights and after that was over, she left. For a while it was just Eric and I. He had KSBJ playing in the background so of course we talked about that and what church we went to and when we got saved and what God was doing in our lives. This guy was really on fire for the Lord. He told me how he was single for 5 1/2 years and just grew in his walk with the Lord and God brought along his now wife. They met 9 months ago and have been married since July.
As he was cutting my hair, he asks directly:
"Heather, are you wanting a husband?"
"Um,....yeah I guess." (Keep in mind there is this guy sitting not too far from us waiting for a haircut)
"Seriously because I feel that you do."
"Well...yes I do."
"Okay, Heather, I am going to pray for a husband for you. Everytime I pray for my friends, things happen.It's just crazy but prayers are answered! I know the Lord brought you here today and it was not by accident. I mean I had been told by my cousin to post an ad on Craigslist and then through that you found my salon. I feel that the Lord is leading me to pray for you."
"Well thank you. I appreciate that." I am thinking he is going to be praying for me later...nope he busts in prayer right there! Which at first was a little awkward since there was another person there and I barely even know this stylist. If you have not figured out by now, he is quite charismatic.
Despite my feeling a tad uncomfortable, it was incredibly encouraging to have someone I do not know pray and ask for a husband for me. I was having a really tough week and going through some conflicting feelings. I know I was supposed to be there and that means that for sure I will be meeting my husband soon because my stylist said so!
If you ever need a hair cut, color or just encouragement, give him a call:
713.629.4100 directions

3 comments:

Mary said...

Hahah....too funny. You better invite me to your wedding!

mel said...

that's awesome! was it a good haircut?

Mrs. Klink said...

sign me up for him.