Monday, October 1, 2007

I know fashion

I am really beginning to love these middle schoolers and their squirrelyness. They talk about anything and everything. They tell me all kinds of things about their lives, probably things they should not admit, but sometimes I am taken aback when they say something directed at me.

Example:
Today I was wearing a cute brown short sleeved cotton top from Target with big reddish orange beads and denim pants. Well this is what my little student, who is quite the overachiever, said when she came into class:
Sofia: "Miss, why are you wearing a red necklace with a brown shirt?
Me: "Well, because it goes well together."
Sofia: Looking at me skeptically, "Well it doesn't match."
Me: "It does not have to match. It is fashionable to wear these colors together."

I cannot leave out the fact that she was wearing powder blue track pants with Carebears on them, tennis shoes, and a white and magenta t-shirt with some little characters on them! She also had to point out the typo in the quiz I gave them and also that I had not graded their warm-ups yet!

But the fruit fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, PATIENCE..........Galations 5:22

1 comment:

Mary said...

Ahh, I feel your pain. That is a big lesson I'm learning right now with Matthew, our 2 1/2 yr. old. Katherine is our smart over achiever sweet heart. But Matthew however...well, he's sweet, but going through a stage where I'm constantly having my patience tested. Ahh, the joys of kids:) Hang in there...you'll make it!