Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The language of middle school


Miss K posted about the poor grammar of her students so I had to respond with one of my own!
I confiscated this note from an 8th grader back in September...this was written by Home Wrecker to Tall Drink of Starbucks:

Subject; your'e hawt
Hey hawtie,
wuz up. so you go out with _____.
So I was wondering if you were going to the party that AJ throwing. So buddy, I think you are really hawt, but you r takin (LOL). and If u were not takin I would ask you out. (LOL) So if u go to the party let me knowh !!! And if ya gurl friend doesn't go I will dance with, cuz me and Alex don't go together.
Give me ya numba!!
P.S. Your'e hawt!!!!
Holla at me if you wear shorts cuz I am going to wear shorts.


I do not how many times I grade warm ups, worksheets, homework or projects that I see this SAME text messaging language and poor grammar! I know them kids be in Language Arts....don't they teachas teach any thang??

2 comments:

mel said...

in elementary school they like:

OMG

WTF

BFF

karen said...

hey! just because we be teachin it don't mean they usin it! ;)