Monday, December 17, 2007

Civic duty


Sunday afternoon I was leaving T.J. Maxx when all of the sudden I heard the screech of tires as a car tried to brake before crashing into the glass wall of a store. Several of us shoppers stopped to see what just happened. 2 Hispanic males got out of the 4 door American made sedan to survey the damage. Their fender had completely fallen off and the building was damaged. As I drove past them, I saw that these two men were about to pull out of the parking lot leaving their fender behind and without calling the cops to report their accident! I don't think so! I quickly memorized their license plate and wrote it down as they sped down Sage towards Westheimer. I then called 911 and reported those criminals. Why would they be leaving the scene of a crime so quickly? I have a few reasons:
1. They have priors on their records.
2. Their car is stolen.
3. They have no insurance.
4. They are illegal aliens.

I feel it is my civic duty to help protect my city any way I can (and help Houston with the immigration problem). There are not enough cops to do the job so why not help them out?

4 comments:

leslie said...

so, what happened?

mel said...

stop hatin' on my homies.

Mrs. Klink said...

you make me proud. keep layin' the law DOWN. perhaps you can make a citizen's arrest next time.

Unknown said...

I have not been contacted since I made the phone call but I am hoping those dudes were arrested. After this experience I think I should join some organization that fights to protect the city from crimes like these and keeps illegals out!
Mel, sorry but you got to get some new homies.