Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Tough times

My heart hurts right now for many reasons and thankfully the Lord knows those. I am trying to lean on Him for support and comfort but it is tough. I keep asking questions when I know I should trust Him. I keep wanting all the answers and wanting to know what the future holds but He has just asked me to have faith in Him right now. My mom shared these verses with me during a very trying time at work.

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. Isaiah 43: 2-3a

How encouraging it is to know He will be with me through the pain and the flames will not set me ablaze!

No comments: