Thursday, March 17, 2011

Limbo

Right now I feel that I am in limbo. Some tough things have happened in my life very recently and I am not sure what it is God is doing. I feel like I want to know what will happen months from now but I can barely make it through one day without being emotional. I find myself questioning so much about who I am and what I want. What is the purpose of my life? Where are you leading me Lord? How do I get out of bed each morning and choose to be joyful? How do I praise you through these hard times?

I do know this: Before these trials, I never have spent enough time listening to God and actually hearing His voice. I have not spent a lot of time in devoted prayer or spent any real time fasting about anything. I let other things distract me into feeling content. But as soon as a trial comes, I am suddenly drawing closer to God. I did not live liked I needed Him as much when life was not as hard. Now I feel the Lord drawing me closer to Him so I can learn what true intimacy is.

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:13

“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened." Matthew 7:7-8

1 comment:

karen said...

The hardest thing is learning to take life one day at a time. My dad told me something that's good to remember when I feel overwhelmed. He told me to look down at my feet. I must think to myself that my feet are where I am. I am in this moment and this is what I know. The rest is in God's hands. We have to give each day to him. Sometimes each moment. That is how I have learned to find joy in even my darkest moments. I constantly remind myself that He alone is sovereign over all.