Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Cupcakes


On Sunday I made cupcakes for several of my students who were so helpful during our sewing unit. I told them that I would be selecting my star helpers when the unit was over and they would receive a gift. My helpers learned quickly how to use the machine and were so gracious in helping their slower classmates. I wanted to find a spectacular red velvet cupcake recipe and make everything from scratch but #1. What time did I possibly have to do that? #2. Did I really have the money to spend on extra ingredients and possibly kitchen utensils? #3. Do middle schoolers really care if they are from the box or from scratch? No, no, and no. So I bought a store brand devil's food cake mix and store brand cream cheese frosting. Talk about delicious! I made roughly 23 cupcakes and could not resist trying them...I was hoping I could give them all away but as they sat on the kitchen counter in my classroom, they called my name and I devoured 2 of them. Dang it. The overeating urge is still there from Thanksgiving! In the end, my students really enjoyed them and it encouraged the other students to work hard at being my helper.
If you have any great cupcake recipes, please let me know!

1 comment:

Mrs. Klink said...

you are the best brownie baker EVER.