Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Trust

Lately I hear "Oceans" by Hillsong United every time I turn around but I'm not complaining. It seems such a fitting song right now. The following lines resonate so deeply within my soul:

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever you would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior

I have to admit this last year has been the season of practicing trusting God. I would have told you before that I trusted Him completly but that is just not true! Thankfully a friend recommended Trusting God by Jerry Bridges. (By the way, every Christian should read this great book). After reading Trusting God, I came to clearly understand God's sovereignty over the world. When the light bulb came on, I realized I could let go of those things I held so tightly. Before, I thought if I let go of them, that would mean facing the unknown and that's not fun for this self-professed planner. 

Anyway, when I sing this song I remember all that I've learned to let go of and the lingering areas I'm slowly surrending to Him. It's so much better to release it to the One who knows what He's doing. Thank you Jesus that I'm not in charge!

I hope this encourages you.


No comments: