Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Okay, okay

It has been way too long since I last posted and I am sure no one checks this everyday to see if I have written, except maybe Emily. I can't imagine people being interested in what I have to say but I do enjoy reading my friend's blogs.

School has started and whoa, I thought the restaurant industry was tough. Try dealing with hormonal, defiant, disrepectful, quirky, squirrely, weird, talkative adolescents!!! This is a whole new set of things to deal with and ones that I had not prayed enough about. I spent the summer just amxiously awaiting the start of my new career yet nothing prepared me for this. It is on-the-job-training! Has it been hard? Yes. Has it been emotional? Double yes. Am I glad I am here? Yes. Do I believe this is where God wants me? Yes, but I have already questioned that a few times!

Hard times aside, I know I am constantly being taught how to live for Him. He is sharpening me...molding me, this clay mass, into His design. When I feel that I am the worst person for the job, He reminds me that when I am weak, then He is strong. Beth Moore read 1 Corinthians 1:26-31 last night and I remember stumbling across those verses just a few short months ago. 26 Brothers think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by the world's standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. 27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of this world to shame the strong. These verses tell me that He has chosen me in spite of my weakenesses and flaws. I have a history and He wants to use it for my future.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Hey girl...I really have a lot more respect for teachers this year especially since Katherine started Kindergarten. It's a lot of work...even for Kinder! I hope you are doing well and getting into the swing of things. I'm sure you're a great teacher:) How are you liking and adjusting to everything? What are your birthday plans? Have a good weekend!
Love,
mary